Tuesday 5 August 2014

Finally... Love Hair


The 3 years I have lived in lovely Cheltenham I have really struggled to find my hairdressers. I've yearned for a regular hairdresser who I trust, who knows what I like but helps push me out of my comfort zone sometimes to try something new. I just haven't found him or her or a salon which I have really loved. That's not to say it doesn't exist. Emily goes to a salon in Cheltenham, Anon Hair and Beauty and LOVES it, all my other friends go to hairdressers they would highly recommend and it would be impossible to try every salon on every corner of Cheltenham so its unfair to suggest my hairdresser isn't out there. Maybe, I'm a fussy customer or just been very unlucky. I won't name the salons I haven't liked because that' not what Millie and Meg is about but it has left me feeling a little nervous about the whole experience... an experience, let me remind you, which is still a luxury!

So, when Millie and Meg was lucky enough to win a prize via a Twitter competition with Love Hair, I thought it the best excuse to try this new salon in a beautiful Cotswold town of Broadway, the town I used to get my hair cut as a child in fact. My horrible hair experiences have brought me back full circle. See our very first blog post about Broadway here


I arrived at Love Hair in Broadway on a showery Saturday, not the ideal whether conditions when getting your hair cut but never mind. Harry dropped me off as close as he could and I sprinted to the front door. Love Hair is situated in Keil Close, a little courtyard just off Broadway High Street, in between The Lygon Arms Hotel and Prego Cafe, with a perfect array of independent shops, The Bridal Room and The Broadway Florist. A great little network of local businesses. 



I was expecting Love Hair to be a larger salon from their impressive branding on their website and social media but I was so happy to be welcomed by a little shop full of smiling faces. Louise welcomed me first, my hairdresser for the appointment, she shook my hand and engaged me in conversation making me feel instantly relaxed. We spent some time discussing my hair, what I like, what I don't like, what she would recommend... by this point, all my anxiety had drifted away and I was happy to trust Louise to do her thing. 

I had a shampoo and condition with an amazing head massage which embarrassingly could have sent me to sleep. Luckily, I stayed awake long enough to order myself a coffee which arrived in pretty pink Pip Studio cup and saucer, a designer I've had my eye on down the road in Cotswold Trading. I liked that the salon wasn't blaring out house music or it wasn't so packed with customers everyone had to shout over each other. Thats not because they aren't busy, business is booming but Love Hair obviously likes to take the time to look after their customers. It's not a conveyer belt of girls coming in and out. There was another client in Love Hair with me having a rehearsal for her wedding hair which looked absolutely beautiful.

Love Hair also use and sells some amazing products, Kevin Murphy hair care range and beauty brand Butter London. Louise used some of Kevin Murphy's range on my hair, she talked me through each of the products but I didn't feel obliged to purchase... although I'm regretting that decision now. However, in our prize goodie bag from Love Hair we did win a bottle of Kevin Murphy Hair.Resort Beach Texturiser which smells deliciously zingy and does't leave your hair feeling greasy or crunchy. Kevin Murphy is an all natural range from Australia made from renewable and sustainable sources but with a real fashion focused look. The packaging is really sweet and quirky, all pastel shades but with cool product titles and best of all they work! And well, Butter London, I haven't seen or tried much of their makeup range but LOVE their nail vanishes which I find really long lasting and easy to apply for a professional looking paint job. We won the glitzy red shade 'Knees Up' in our goodie bag prize.

Oh, and I should mention the actual hair cut... I'm so pleased with it. It looks great, I asked for something which is easy to maintain but with more layers to make my hair look thicker and thats exactly what I got. Louise understood what I was trying to ask for perfectly and gave me loads of useful tips and tricks for blow drying my hair, which even I can use. Louise mentioned how she would love to cut my hair short in the winter, which again is exactly the sort of service I want from my hairdresser, someone who makes new suggestions so the experience is new and exciting each time.

As I guess you can tell from this post I really did LOVE Love Hair. I felt comfortable there, everyone was friendly and welcoming and genuinely took an interest in their customers. I loved the decor of the salon, very sweet and stylish but without being intimidatingly trendy. The products work while still be interesting and exciting and the girls are obviously good friends with a real passion about their business. I am over the moon to find my new hairdressers right in the heart of The Cotswolds. It's about time!

Follow Love Hair on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for up to date goings on from the salon and lots of hair inspiration.

Which hair salon do you go to in The Cotswolds? 

Mille and Meg x

No comments:

Post a Comment